Search
Left Quote    Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I
- Robert Orben    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » Site and Forum Bugs » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: Site defaced?
  This user is offline  missyani
  Subject: "Site defaced?" Posted: @ 9:34 am on Jun 26 2005   
Member #: 53
Since: 06/25/05

Hey, I was browsing through the JavaScript tutorial and when I clicked to check out the example programs, I was sent to a page that said that the site was defaced. I found it curious seeing as how everything else seems to be up and running.

Also have to say how absolutely helpful I've found this site! I've only known about it for a couple of days, but I've found it immensely informational. Thank you for all your work!

Viewed: 10,325 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: Site defaced?" Posted: @ 2:00 pm on Jun 26 2005    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

Indeed, the site WAS defaced some time ago. I thought I had replaced all the files, I will check the javascript example pages and fix them.

In case if you're interested, the site was defaced because I was using PHPBB forums. An exploit came to surface and I fell victim. Happened 2 times actually, and I kept them up to date. Thats what motivated me to create these forums! Which I am in complete control of, and I am 100% more happier with.

No defacements, smam accounts or spam posts really so far. Thanks for finding the site useful!

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 10,319 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Site defaced?" Posted: @ 4:49 am on Jul 03 2005    

those examples for the javascript tutorial should be working now. Thanks for pointing that out!

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 10,302 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is online  Guest
  Subject: "re: Site defaced?" Posted: @ 5:33 am on Jul 23 2005    
Unregistered

nice..

Viewed: 10,265 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is online  Guest
  Subject: "re: Site defaced?" Posted: @ 5:34 am on Jul 23 2005    
Unregistered

Is it possible to provide some or all of your code for this forum for educational purposes? I need a forum but phpbb is not for me... this one looks better

Viewed: 10,263 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Site defaced?" Posted: @ 12:32 am on Jul 24 2005    

It is possible more in the future; These forums are very much still under construction, and I doubt the code is much clean / optimized so that others could use it without a problem...

What I might do is write a tutorial on making you own, and you could go from there. But we'll see, still got lots of work to do on them. Thanks,

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 10,255 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

This Topic is Locked

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank