Search
Left Quote    I start where the last man left off.
- Thomas A. Edison    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » Recommendations » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: feedback roulette
  This user is offline  misterhaan
  Subject: "feedback roulette" Posted: @ 8:46 pm on Oct 29 2010   

Member #: 5
Since: 02/11/05

just today i heard about this website since it was voted the site of the month in the originality category for october by my web host. well, technically the votes come from my fellow customers of said web host.

it's called feedback roulette because once you sign up and submit your own site, they randomly pick another submitted site for you to anonymously review. once you review that site you can immediately review another, also randomly chosen. your site is in the pool to be randomly chosen provided you have some feedback points remaining (you get a point for reviewing a site). when someone reviews your site you rate the review on how useful and detailed it is. they say your site is more likely to be chosen for someone whose reviews are rated similarly to your own, so the better reviews you write the better reviews you should get.

so my recommendation is to try it out! i reviewed one site and got two reviews on my site today, and i plan to keep going. sign up using this link and they'll know i recommended the site to you, though i'm not sure exactly what that means:

http://feedbac kroulette.com/? referrer=1729

delete the ?referrer=1729 part if you don't like me

Edited at 09:07:25 pm on 10/29/10

please note that the above post is likely made up in its entirety.
    Viewed: 6,147 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: feedback roulette" Posted: @ 9:13 pm on Oct 30 2010    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

That's pretty cool. I'd like to get my site more up to date before doing something like that, but good for reference for sure, and anyone else reading this topic!

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 6,134 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  misterhaan
  Subject: "re: feedback roulette" Posted: @ 4:34 pm on Nov 09 2010    

Member #: 5
Since: 02/11/05

i've now had 5 reviews (and also written 5 reviews). unfortunately all of the reviews have been brief and maybe gave me one thing to consider improving. so far i've been getting more enjoyment out of giving feedback to others than in reading the feedback others have written for my site, but i keep hoping for a detailed, thoughtful review.

a little more about how your site(s) get eligible for review:
your account has a certain number of feedback points. it costs one point to get a review, which happens automatically if you have at least one point. when you write a review and it gets rated by the person who offered that site up for review, you get up to one feedback point. when the reviews i wrote were rated 5/5 i got one point, and the one that was rated 4/5 got me 0.8 points. there seems to be an automatic review rating if the site owner doesn't do it in time. i also found out that if someone signs up from the link i posted above, i get one point when that person submits their first review.

in summary, it hasn't actually been very useful to me so far, but i'm going to keep using it at least for now.

please note that the above post is likely made up in its entirety.

Viewed: 6,067 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

You must be logged in to post on the forums. Login or Register

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2017; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank