Search
Left Quote    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
- Jimi Hendrix    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » PHP and mySQL » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: Images not appearing when trying to install Login Program
  This user is offline  jrm57
  Subject: "Images not appearing when trying to..." Posted: @ 3:35 am on Mar 05 2008   
Member #: 609
Since: 03/05/08

Recently purchased a website login program. Uploaded the php5 folder to server. When navigating to install the program in my browser the html appears without the images? I used the auto dectect concerning binary,and ASCII. But still no images? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,appreciate it!

Viewed: 13,720 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 3:37 am on Mar 05 2008    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

Well, the first thing you did wrong was purchase a website login program. I offer one for free. All it requires is a willing individual like yourself to implement it. Anyways, are you running your own webserver? PHP is free as well, I hope you didn't pay for that. I'm not clear what your issue is... perhaps the directory is invalid. Or if you're not hosted on a Windows based server, the directory paths can be case sensitive, so you might want to review that.

Edited at 03:42:39 am on 03/05/08

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 13,712 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 3:50 am on Mar 05 2008    

bs0d said...

< i> Well, the first thing you did wrong was purchase a website login program. I offer one for free. All it requires is a willing individual like yourself to implement it. Anyways, are you running your own webserver? PHP is free as well, I hope you didn't pay for that. I'm not clear what your issue is... perhaps the directory is invalid. Or if you're not hosted on a Windows based server, the directory paths can be case sensitive, so you might want to review that.

My host provides that. Shoot..wish I had that information before I purchased the program.

Viewed: 13,702 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 3:56 am on Mar 05 2008    

bs0d said...

< i> Well, the first thing you did wrong was purchase a website login program. I offer one for free. All it requires is a willing individual like yourself to implement it. Anyways, are you running your own webserver? PHP is free as well, I hope you didn't pay for that. I'm not clear what your issue is... perhaps the directory is invalid. Or if you're not hosted on a Windows based server, the directory paths can be case sensitive, so you might want to review that.

Problem that Im having is when I navigate to the 'Install' folder to install the program, and open it in my browser the only thing shows up is the install source code without the images that were uploaded. Therefore I cant view it to fill in the database (MySQl) to begin the installation? Checked the directory and everything is fine,otherwise I wouldnt be able to see the source code,correct? LOL..this is a headache. Whew

Viewed: 13,697 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 3:56 am on Mar 05 2008    

Ok, so that simplifies things a lot for you on your end. If you don't mind revealing, how much did you pay for it? You should find a wealth of knowledge here if you're willing to learn yourself. Also, you can find help here in the forums for specific questions you have along they way.

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 13,695 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 3:59 am on Mar 05 2008    

bs0d said...

< i> Ok, so that simplifies things a lot for you on your end. If you don't mind revealing, how much did you pay for it? You should find a wealth of knowledge here if you're willing to learn yourself. Also, you can find help here in the forums for specific questions you have along they way.

$34.95

Viewed: 13,692 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 3:59 am on Mar 05 2008    

jrm57 said...

< i>
Problem that Im having is when I navigate to the 'Install' folder to install the program, and open it in my browser the only thing shows up is the install source code without the images that were uploaded. Therefore I cant view it to fill in the database (MySQl) to begin the installation? Checked the directory and everything is fine,otherwise I wouldnt be able to see the source code,correct? LOL..this is a headache. Whew

Make sure the extension is .php and not .phps or something. I would think that it should load. Also, check the beginning of the source code to see if ?> was use where <? should be. This would potentially cause code to be displayed as HTML where instead it would be executed on the server side. <? starts PHP and ?> closes PHP. If these tags are not used, then PHP code is interpreted as text and therefore not executed. Basically the same as if PHP was not installed.

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 13,690 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 4:03 am on Mar 05 2008    

jrm57 said...

< i> $34.95

I don't know what the program is suppose to offer so I can't really comment with any certainty, but generally you can find login scripts and things like that for free via Google pretty easily, just like you found this site. Be careful and always look around just to make sure.

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 13,688 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 4:06 am on Mar 05 2008    

bs0d said...

< i>   jrm57 said... [= $34.95

I don't know what the program is suppose to offer so I can't really comment with any certainty, but generally you can find login scripts and things like that for free via Google pretty easily, just like you found this site. Be careful and always look around just to make sure. =]

Well thank you very much for the info,I sure do appreciate it. Sitting here thinking if I had found this sooner the $34.95 would still be in my pocket and not theres. Heres the url to the site
where I purchased it. http://www.aweb sitelogin.com/f eatures.php5 Emailed them several times and still no reply. Little do they know that I am going to post on my site to alert others how upset I am with that program. And redirect them back here for answers to needed questions. Once again thank you so much for your help,really do appreciate it.

Viewed: 13,685 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: Images not appearing when tryin..." Posted: @ 6:13 pm on Mar 05 2008    

jrm57 said...

< i>   bs0d said... [=   jrm57 said... [= $34.95

I don't know what the program is suppose to offer so I can't really comment with any certainty, but generally you can find login scripts and things like that for free via Google pretty easily, just like you found this site. Be careful and always look around just to make sure. =]

Well thank you very much for the info,I sure do appreciate it. Sitting here thinking if I had found this sooner the $34.95 would still be in my pocket and not theres. Heres the url to the site
where I purchased it. http://www.aweb sitelogin.com/f eatures.php5 Emailed them several times and still no reply. Little do they know that I am going to post on my site to alert others how upset I am with that program. And redirect them back here for answers to needed questions. Once again thank you so much for your help,really do appreciate it. =]

Well I found out what the problem was. After being reassured that my host would be able to interpret the php5 script........I made another call and found that my host doesnt support php5. Therefore,at the Techs (company)expens e they have to refund me my money for not knowing what their talking about(concernin g php). But thank you for all your help. And am taking your advice for my own.

Viewed: 13,646 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

You must be logged in to post on the forums. Login or Register

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank