Search
Left Quote    Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research.
- Wilson Mizner    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » PHP and mySQL » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: Automatic logout? - Complete Members System
  This user is offline  alvsky
  Subject: "Automatic logout? - Complete Member..." Posted: @ 8:05 am on Mar 07 2008   
Member #: 614
Since: 03/07/08

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to automatically logout member after he's been idle for some time.
Can you please help me with this one?

Thanks

Viewed: 8,243 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  ghostofjava
  Subject: "re: Automatic logout? - Complete Me..." Posted: @ 9:39 am on Mar 07 2008    
Member #: 615

sorry can't answer u
I'm new member here

Viewed: 8,237 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: Automatic logout? - Complete Me..." Posted: @ 10:24 pm on Mar 07 2008    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

It is done automatically. Every time a person views a page, all users are deleted from the 'online' table where "time entered the site" vs current time is greater than 5 minutes or whatever your variable is.

Check out our Users Online PHP Script

Edited at 10:27:10 pm on 03/07/08

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 8,213 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  alvsky
  Subject: "re: Automatic logout? - Complete Me..." Posted: @ 9:40 pm on Mar 09 2008    
Member #: 614

Yes, I am aware of that. I have implemented those two scripts to work together and added one more column in users_online table called "user&qu ot;.
i just can't think of the way to connect "logout& quot; function of Members system and timed row deletion of Users Online without adding one more time check in header.php of Members System script and time column in members table.

Edited at 09:46:47 pm on 03/09/08

Viewed: 8,171 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  mwalsh
  Subject: "About Complete-Member s-System" Posted: @ 3:40 am on Apr 07 2008    
Member #: 654
Since: 04/07/08

bs0d said...

< i>

Hi bsOd,
I copied and pasted every section of your:
Users Complete-Member s-System

and it just plain errors-out on the $junk = array('.' , ',' , '/' , '\' , '`' , ';' , '[' , ']' , '-', '_', '*', '&', '^', '%', '$', '#', '@', '!', '~', '+', '(', ')', '|', '{', '}', '<', '>', '?', ':', '"', '=');

line.

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in d:\htmlwww\is itebase\test.p hp on line 15
which is the junk error line.

I've been around since BBSs, so please don't think I'm flaming here. But this system, it's a Exact demonstration of programmer over-engineerin g. Jeez. For instance, to register, I discovered The First Form-filling out I've Ever Found Since 1994 which won't let me properly use tabs from field to field. Amazing. I have to tab, look up at the screen and make sure it tabbed to the next field. Just couldn't leave it be, huh? *smile*

Then I couldn't find a forum for this, or you as an author, so I'm posting here.

Of course I've blown it by pointing out the register form -- sound like a complainer. But I'm taking the time to write this, yes?

I think I'm just going to delete the files I've been working on for the last hour. Most of that time was spent cutting and pasting. Would have been nice to have the entire file. Would have been very nice. Is there a reason you don't want to let us have it all at once?

And maybe indicate where *this* should be posted?

And before I do anything else, could you take the time to see if what you posted works for you? One little misplaced characters and we learners are screwed for hours, whereas you, if you're going to give people something, should be able to check your own work. I KNOW it seems insulting, but I don't intend it that way. We all do typos and lose stuff in cut-and-paste, but it'd be really cool for us to have one file and also have you say you installed that exact file and that it didn't generate errors. Such assurance would be great. I ran another example the other day where I couldn't find the error and so dug down into the comments to the author and found him acknowledging an error And He Didn't Fix It! What am I to do? Spend a few more hours?

I'm really grateful for you work and sharing an obviously great routine, but it does not good if it doesn't work, doesn't have a place I Know I can discuss it, and feel like I'm totally wasting my time. Maybe you could post your tutorial on a site which let you post the whole thing at once as well as explained snippets and have a forum for it and such.

(/frustration=a lmost-off)
Thanks,
Michael Walsh
mwalsh7782 at that yahoo place

Viewed: 7,837 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: Automatic logout? - Complete Me..." Posted: @ 2:18 pm on Apr 07 2008    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

mwalsh,

You talk way too much without thinking. Your first sentence perfectly explains the rest of your rant. You're just copying and pasting - instead of reading the article and learning. The code is provided as a guide, not as a blow by blow, plug-n-play script. Think through the errors and try to solve them yourself. Most are caused by your own negligence, because you didn't READ!

The $junk array issue should be resolved with this:
Code:

$junk = array('.' , ',' , '/' , '\'' , '`' , ';' , '[' , ']' , '-', '_', '*', '&', '^', '%', '$', '#', '@', '!', '~', '+', '(', ')', '|', '{', '}', '<', '>', '?', ':', '"', '=');

Also, *this* as in, your rant, could go under the recommendations / site bugs forum. It does exist and can easily be found from the tabbed navigation above.

You are wasting your own time by expecting free fish - when you have to actually grab a pole, bait it and cast. Everything you need to learn is there. You know the statistics where they say 1 out of 100,000. Well, you're the 1 out of nearly 89,000 that have read the article without major complications. But then again, maybe you don't count because you didn't read it.

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 7,821 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

You must be logged in to post on the forums. Login or Register

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank