Search
Left Quote    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
- Benjamin Franklin    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » PHP and mySQL » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: Combine Member to Post
  This user is offline  parkerj
  Subject: "Combine Member to Post" Posted: @ 7:40 pm on May 13 2008   
Member #: 687
Since: 05/13/08

Hello, everyone. I am not sure how to explain this properly, but I am trying to create a system with user access levels including the admin. What I want to do is have the users submit a news post and then give the the ability to delete and/or edit their own posts and not anyone else's and that their user id is posted to their post. If anyone can point me into the write direction of how to accomplish this with PHP and MySQL, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

joshmac
    Viewed: 6,293 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  David1159
  Subject: "re: Combine Member to Post" Posted: @ 4:55 pm on May 14 2008    

Member #: 526
Since: 12/27/07

What will this applied too? Are you talking about a forum or simple comment script?

This is what you will need for files.

Use the Membership tut here for
-Login.php
-Register.php -mainpage.php (call it anything)

Also will need
-post.php (or comment.php)
-edit_post.php (or edit_comment.ph p).

If you want userlevels, you'll need a userlevel system so you more or likely will want to make an Admin Panel for only you to use where you can adjust levels.

What your shooting for sounds like a forum. It might be better to use the free phpbb forum software at phpbb.com

Coding is simply CST... Combining $hit Together. We make different $hit to run in unison correctly.

Viewed: 6,274 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  parkerj
  Subject: "re: Combine Member to Post" Posted: @ 11:35 am on May 15 2008    
Member #: 687
Since: 05/13/08

David1159 said...

< i> What will this applied too? Are you talking about a forum or simple comment script?

This is what you will need for files.

Use the Membership tut here for
-Login.php
-Register.php
-mainpage.php (call it anything)

Also will need
-post.php (or comment.php)
-edit_post.php (or edit_comment.ph p).

If you want userlevels, you'll need a userlevel system so you more or likely will want to make an Admin Panel for only you to use where you can adjust levels.

What your shooting for sounds like a forum. It might be better to use the free phpbb forum software at phpbb.com

Thank you for your comments. I am actually working on a social networking site of sorts. I am used to building a system with one user but not sure how to do it with multi users, join, relational database, or what ever. I am looking for the solution that gives the user the right to only edit or delete his or her posts.

joshmac

Viewed: 6,253 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  David1159
  Subject: "re: Combine Member to Post" Posted: @ 7:29 am on May 22 2008    

Member #: 526
Since: 12/27/07

Josh Parker look at it from our perspective.

Its hard for us to know how you want your site to be.

The first thing you should learn is how to create and integrate with a membership program (use bs0d membership tut here). From there design a system that integrates posting messages with the membership.

If we give you the direct answer(aka the coding) to the problem, you will learn nothing. Than will not know how to add/integrate new code to your system.

Edited at 07:35:29 am on 05/22/08

Coding is simply CST... Combining $hit Together. We make different $hit to run in unison correctly.

Viewed: 6,169 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

You must be logged in to post on the forums. Login or Register

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank