Search
Left Quote    Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I
- Robert Orben    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » PHP and mySQL » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: looking for code example
  This user is offline  firers3
  Subject: "looking for code example" Posted: @ 8:22 pm on Jul 10 2008   
Member #: 714
Since: 07/04/08

Hello Everyone,

My question is which way is better? What I am trying to do is to design a page a registered user can upload his/her thumbnail/image s and then he/she can also search thumbnails based on each image's key words input when uploaded . which way is better as putting thumbnails in a database table provide a clickable link, or uploading thumbnails in a folder then have search function to scan the folder? which way is more professional? Thanks. By the way, any one has this tutorial or code example to share? Thanks in advance.

Viewed: 5,088 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: looking for code example" Posted: @ 11:05 pm on Jul 10 2008    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

Well, you can store the image name and path and description/key words in a table in your database. The script will take the image and upload it to the server. And you can design your search options based on the keywords column in your table. I think that's the way to go, having as much information in the database as possible.

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 5,082 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  firers3
  Subject: "re: looking for code example" Posted: @ 3:52 am on Jul 11 2008    
Member #: 714
Since: 07/04/08

Thanks bs0d. That is a good concept to go. I will try to combine and alter some codes then. By the way, if anyone happen to have tutorial links, would you please post here. Thanks a lot.

Viewed: 5,071 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

You must be logged in to post on the forums. Login or Register

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank