Search
Left Quote    Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.
- Clifford Stoll    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » Java and JavaScript » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: Get a variable from URL address?
  This user is offline  David1159
  Subject: "Get a variable from URL address?" Posted: @ 5:54 am on Jul 22 2008   

Member #: 526
Since: 12/27/07

I need to get a variable from the address bar of a web browser. I have looked everywhere, and borrowed my brothers java books, I can't figure this out.

I am working on a custom homepage, which runs off your local files. I have encoded the google search system already, now I am working on a quick URL input. This input will override your URL address of your web-browser, or once you type your link, click enter, it will go there. If you click TAB it will drop you to the google search input. So it is quick, none mouse use. Plus you can add all your bookmarks as links for quick use. I'll make a AllSyntax homepage if you would like would like.

Here is a image-
PREVIEW HERE CLICK ME
(the sphere in the middle spins, its flash a image I manipulated.)

Sorry, I get rants like that, to the point.

location.href gets the whole URL, I've thought about doing that than using strings to get the variable from there, but that seems to complicated and there must be a easier method. I really have no code to show, I am totally at a loss, and have been for about a week.

Also this is not for server use, it is purely local use.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Edited at 06:17:54 am on 07/22/08

Coding is simply CST... Combining $hit Together. We make different $hit to run in unison correctly.
    Viewed: 4,355 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  misterhaan
  Subject: "re: Get a variable from URL addres..." Posted: @ 2:06 pm on Jul 23 2008    

Member #: 5
Since: 02/11/05

check out document.locati on.search

please note that the above post is likely made up in its entirety.

Viewed: 4,342 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

You must be logged in to post on the forums. Login or Register

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank