Search
Left Quote    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » HTML and CSS » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: display issues i haven't been able to figure out
  This user is offline  misterhaan
  Subject: "display issues i haven't been able..." Posted: @ 7:24 pm on Jul 28 2005   

Member #: 5
Since: 02/11/05

i have a browser issues page on my site that lists display issues visitors will see with different html/css rendering engines. i understand why everything on there happens except for the gecko issue:
< i>the 'welcome to track7' header on the main page is narrower than it should be at first -- it displays correctly after moving the mouse over one of the main links

it seems that if i reload the page, it shows the correct width, then jumps a little narrower. it's fixed by hovering over one of the main links or starting to do autoscroll. i've only tried this so far with firefox on windows, so i'm also interested in knowing if it happens with other gecko browsers and operating systems.
anybody have any idea why it's doing this?

please note that the above post is likely made up in its entirety.
    Viewed: 14,199 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: display issues i haven't been ..." Posted: @ 1:32 pm on Oct 11 2005    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

its probably just their browser and how they handle CSS. Report the error to them? Maybe you're not the only one who has encountered the same type of error. Or, their could be an updated version that dont act that way by now, eh?

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 14,087 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: display issues i haven't been ..." Posted: @ 3:17 pm on Oct 11 2005    

i haven't tried the 1.5 beta yet, but it's happened consistently to me for quite some time now. maybe i can dig up my mozillazine forum account and check there to see if there's already something in bugzilla or if i should submit it.

Viewed: 14,083 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: display issues i haven't been ..." Posted: @ 3:39 pm on Oct 12 2005    

i posted at mozillazine and am told it's probably fixed in the 1.5 beta, so i'm just not going to worry about it.

Viewed: 14,078 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: display issues i haven't been ..." Posted: @ 5:11 pm on Oct 12 2005    

Cool! So basically just literally a browsers issue. Good thing is that I dont suspect a high % of visitors are using that browser. If it was a big deal, you could have a message displayed if browser is gecko.

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 14,075 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: display issues i haven't been ..." Posted: @ 7:35 pm on Oct 12 2005    

it's actually not all that noticeable, so it's entirely possible nobody other than me has even noticed it

Viewed: 14,070 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: display issues i haven't been ..." Posted: @ 3:34 am on Oct 13 2005    

haha! yea, but it seems like if you hadnt mentioned it, some mucker would come along and rant. but now you can respond, "UPDATE YOUR F'N BROWSER!"

other than that, hows things haan? any new ideas for your site? whats been up?

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 14,063 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: display issues i haven't been ..." Posted: @ 6:57 pm on Oct 13 2005    

i added a lego page yesterday, so i'll be adding more models to that as i get all the images made. i'm also thinking of adding a generic rating system that i can use all over the site. for example, users could rate my lego models, how much they care if i do something on my to-do list, how much they like my drawings/storie s/theories/etc -- i could even allow ratings of users, comments, and posts. not sure yet how hard that would be, but that's something i think would be fun and would also be another incentive for people to register for an account.

when i really get some time though i'd really like to get to writing some stuff and getting that up there. who knows, maybe people will even read it

i also have plans to add a section to my dad's old website which would basically be a private section for family. to get an account activated you'd have to have someone with an active account confirm that they know who you are and you belong there. you'd be able to keep your contact info up-to-date there so other family members can find you but it wouldn't be open to spambots and pedophiles . . . there'd be a forum, calendar, and photo album that everyone would share . . . so basically a huge project that only my family will be able to use, and i'm not even sure how many of them would use it. i think it will be cool though, and my dad would probably be happy about it.

i've got plenty of ideas to keep me busy for the next couple decades i think what i'm currently working on though is the shelter website. the big project there right now is making a system where visitors can post their pets they don't want anymore and have them listed on the site along with all the animals that are actually at the shelter. the idea is to encourage people to keep their pets until someone wants to adopt them, instead of bringing them to the shelter. now if only they'd quit bugging me with petty things that one or two loud people care about, i'd get that done!

Viewed: 14,051 Times | Reply to This | To top
  Subject: "re: display issues i haven't been ..." Posted: @ 7:36 pm on Jul 29 2006    

Yea i've got too many ideas all going on at once, just finding time to do them and complete them is the issue! Im going to lock this topic now; spam bots are enjoying it too much.

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 13,113 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

This Topic is Locked

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank