Search
Left Quote    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » Web Design » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: Future Photoshop tutorials - Now Taking Requests!
  This user is offline  lingh0e
  Subject: "Future Photoshop tutorials - Now Ta..." Posted: @ 6:13 am on Apr 28 2007   

Member #: 291
Since: 03/03/07

Okay kids, here is the deal.

As a token of my appreciation for the PHP knowledge I have gained from this site and it's members, I am going to start making some design tutorials. Since this site is targeted towards web developers, I am planning on making the design tutorials along the same lines (how to make nice seamless backgrounds for your web page, how to make effective and eye catching header graphics, basic logo design etc etc).

So what, if anything, would you like to know how to do? Please, don't be shy. There is very little that I cannot do with Photoshop, and I love teaching others how to use it. And don't worry, I will also make versions of the tutorials for gimp, paintshop and other similar graphics programs for those who don't have access to Photoshop.

Let's hear it kids!

Feel free to kick me if I get annoying
    Viewed: 9,959 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  misterhaan
  Subject: "re: Future Photoshop tutorials - No..." Posted: @ 7:59 pm on Apr 30 2007    

Member #: 5
Since: 02/11/05

thanks for the offer -- i'm especially interested in logo and header graphics in the gimp. i don't have photoshop but i do know graphics is a weak point for me, so i'll probably read anything you'd post on it.

please note that the above post is likely made up in its entirety.

Viewed: 9,944 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: Future Photoshop tutorials - No..." Posted: @ 4:53 pm on May 06 2007    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

Yea, I think anything about photoshop would be helpful since no other articles exist, so its not like you would be redundant or re-creating the wheel here. Let me know and I'll add photoshop to the options and then allow an image to be uploaded for the photoshop article as well.

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 9,907 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  jazzylee77
  Subject: "re: Future Photoshop tutorials - No..." Posted: @ 5:36 pm on Jan 03 2008    

Member #: 484
Since: 11/21/07

I use Photoshop CS2 and ImeageReady to make animated gifs. A group of designers have been talking about some way to protect these images, somehow locking them so the layers cannot be opened in a program like Imageready.

The benefit goes something like this. We use small image tags to protect these graphics that are often used on sites like myspace. Some less than reputable sites simply cover these up with a larger tag. If you can't open the layers, then you can't effectively retag the image, thus it would be protected.

I don't know if this can even be done, but someone claims they have seen images like this that can't be opened.

Viewed: 8,652 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  coucchy
  Subject: "re: Future Photoshop tutorials - No..." Posted: @ 7:18 pm on Mar 13 2008    
Member #: 625
Since: 03/13/08

Just what I've always wanted; a comprehensive tutorial on developing good web layouts with photoshop. Please post any tutorial on this. I'll be glad to read it.

Viewed: 8,019 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

You must be logged in to post on the forums. Login or Register

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank