Google Sheets is a powerful tool for organizing and analyzing data.
One of the most common tasks in working with data is extracting specific information, such as month names.
In this article, we will show you how to extract month names from a date column in Google Sheets using the MONTH function.
Using The MONTH Function
The MONTH function is a built-in function in Google Sheets that returns the month of a given date.
The function takes one argument, which is the date that you want to extract the month from.
Using The MONTH Function In A Column
To extract month names from a column of dates, you can use the MONTH or TEXT function in a new column.
Then, you can copy and paste the formula down the column to extract the month names for the entire column.
Extracting Month Names With A Diagram
In conclusion, extracting month names from a column of dates in Google Sheets is a simple task that can be accomplished using the MONTH or TEXT function.
This feature can be useful for analyzing data and creating more meaningful charts and graphs.
- How To Use Weekday Name Formulas In Google Sheets
- Extracting The Year From A Date In Google Sheets
- Extracting A Quarter From A Date In Google Sheets
- Extracting Hyperlink URLs In Google Sheets
- Extracting Text And Numbers From A String In Google Sheets
- How To Switch First And Last Names In Google Sheets
- How To Separate First And Last Names In Google Sheets
- How To Change Date Format To DDMMYYYY In Google Sheets
- How To Extract Hex Code From Google Sheets
- How To Concatenate Text In Google Sheets