Google Sheets is a powerful tool for managing data, but it can be frustrating when the date format doesn’t match your needs.
One common issue is wanting to change the date format from the default MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.
In this article, we’ll show you how to easily make this change in Google Sheets.
Step 1: Open The Format Cells Window
To change the date format in Google Sheets, you’ll need to access the Format Cells window.
To do this, select the cells that you want to format, then right-click and select “Format Cells” from the context menu.
Step 2: Select The Date Format
In the Format Cells window, select the “Number” tab, then choose “Date” from the list of options.
From here, you can select the desired date format from the list of options.
To change the date format to DD/MM/YYYY, select the “dd/mm/yyyy” option.
Step 3: Apply The Changes
Once you’ve selected the desired date format, click “OK” to apply the changes.
Your selected cells will now display the date in the newly-formatted style.
- If you want to apply the date format to an entire column, select the column letter at the top of the sheet before following the steps above.
- You can also use the
TEXTfunction to change the date format. For example, to change the format to DD/MM/YYYY, you can use the formula
- You can also use keyboard shortcuts to quickly format cells in Google Sheets. On a PC, press
Ctrl + 1to open the Format Cells window, and on a Mac, press
Command + 1.
Changing the date format in Google Sheets is a simple process that can save you time and hassle.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily change the date format to match your needs.
- How To Change Date Format To DDMMYYYY In Google Sheets
- How To Insert Dates In Google Sheets
- How To Create A Drop-down List In Google Sheets (Data Validation)
- Changing The Font Size In Google Sheets
- Capitalizing The First Letter Of Words In Google Sheets With The PROPER Function
- Strikethrough Format In Google Sheets: The Ultimate Guide
- How To Insert A Text Box In Google Sheets
- How To Use Underline Format In Google Sheets
- How To Change The Font In Google Sheets
- How To Use The Current Date And Time In Google Sheets