Google Sheets is a powerful tool for creating and organizing data, and one of its most useful features is the ability to create multiple sheets within a single document.
But with so many sheets, it can be difficult to keep track of them all.
Fortunately, there is a simple solution: you can use a formula to list sheet names in Google Sheets.
Understanding The Formula
The formula for listing sheet names in Google Sheets is:
=JOIN(", ", FILTER(Sheet1:Sheet3, LEN(Sheet1:Sheet3))).
This formula uses the JOIN and FILTER functions to combine and filter the names of all sheets in the document.
The JOIN function is used to combine the sheet names into a single cell, separated by commas.
The FILTER function is used to only include sheet names that have a length greater than zero.
This eliminates any empty sheet names from being listed.
Applying The Formula
- Select the cell where you want to list the sheet names.
- Type in the formula
=JOIN(", ", FILTER(Sheet1:Sheet3, LEN(Sheet1:Sheet3)))
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
The selected cell will now display a list of all sheet names in the document, separated by commas.
- To list all the sheets in your workbook, use the formula
=JOIN(", ", FILTER(Sheets, LEN(Sheets)))
- To list all the sheets in your workbook except for certain sheets, use the formula
=JOIN(", ", FILTER(Sheets, LEN(Sheets), NOT(REGEXMATCH(Sheets, "Sheet1|Sheet2")))). Replace “Sheet1|Sheet2” with the names of the sheets you want to exclude.
In conclusion, listing sheet names in Google Sheets is a simple process that can save you a lot of time and effort.
By using the formula provided, you can easily keep track of all your sheets and organize your data more efficiently.
- How To Concatenate Text In Google Sheets
- How To Separate First And Last Names In Google Sheets
- How To Combine Columns In Google Sheets
- Filter Data In Google Sheets Based On A List
- How To Switch First And Last Names In Google Sheets
- How To Merge Cells In Google Sheets
- Introduction To The Query Function In Google Sheets
- Google Sheets
- Removing Commas In Google Sheets: A Step-by-Step 3
- How To Share Workbooks In Google Sheets