Google Sheets is a powerful tool for creating and editing spreadsheets, but sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of all the formulas and calculations that you’ve used in a sheet.
One way to make this easier is to show formulas in Google Sheets, which allows you to see the underlying calculations for each cell in the sheet.
Why Show Formulas In Google Sheets?
Showing formulas in Google Sheets can be useful for a variety of reasons.
For one, it can help you understand how a sheet is working, and it can help you troubleshoot any errors or issues that you’re experiencing.
Additionally, it can be helpful for collaborating with others, as it allows you to see the formulas that others have used in the sheet, and to make changes as needed.
How To Show Formulas In Google Sheets
Showing formulas in Google Sheets is easy to do, and can be done using the following steps:
- Open the sheet that you want to show formulas for
- Click on the “File” menu
- Click on “Spreadsheet settings”
- Check the “Show formulas” box
- Click “Save”
Once you’ve done this, all of the formulas in the sheet will be visible, and you’ll be able to see the underlying calculations for each cell.
- You can also toggle the formulas on and off by using the keyboard shortcut
Ctrl +(Windows) or
- If you want to see the formulas for a specific range of cells, you can select those cells and then use the keyboard shortcut to toggle the formulas on and off for just that range
In conclusion, showing formulas in Google Sheets can be a helpful tool for understanding and troubleshooting the calculations and formulas in your sheet.
By following the simple steps outlined above, you can easily toggle the formulas on and off, and make sure that your sheet is working correctly.
- Mastering Array Formulas In Google Sheets: Using ArrayFormula To Apply A Formula To An Entire Column
- How To Insert A Degree Symbol In Google Sheets
- Strikethrough Format In Google Sheets: The Ultimate Guide
- How To Show And Hide Gridlines In Google Sheets
- How To Copy A Formula Down An Entire Column (2 Methods) In Google Sheets
- How To Copy And Paste Values Only In Google Sheets
- Negative Numbers Inside Parentheses In Google Sheets
- How To Use Weekday Name Formulas In Google Sheets
- How To Paste Without Format In Google Sheets
- Google Sheets